10.17.2021

Anniversary Trip to Macinaw Island

This trip has been on my bucket list for a while so I was excited about getting to go and it rivaled Hawaii for me.  It was an incredible trip all around and I would love to come back again.  Although it also made me a little sad because this is a place that my dad always talked about wanting to go to, I wished that we had more time to get to do this together.  One of his favorite movies was Somewhere in Time, which was filmed at the Grand Hotel so he always wanted to come here.  

Our first day we flew to Grand Rapids, Michigan and rented a car and drove to Saint Ignace which was about five hours away.  



























The next day I booked a tee time for Landon to play golf at the Jewel Golf Course.  I knew he wouldn't play because he wouldn't think I would enjoy it, but I had a great time driving the golf cart and picking up the flag.  It was such a beautiful course with amazing views.  





















We had to take a carriage ride to the back nine.


































































We went back to St. Ignace to spend the night again.  The next day we came back on the ferry and stayed at the Grand Hotel for two nights.  































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment