1.27.2011

Bucket List

One of my favorite things to do with Landon is to dream about the places we want to go.  I just love to travel and would love to go everywhere to see for myself places I have only read about or see in a movie.  Here are places that I would love to go before I die in no particular order...

Go to New England in the fall and wade in a cranberry bog...
 
When I tell people I want to do this, I get a confused look for the most part. 
It may seem a bit strange, but this was inspired by this book...
We did a unit on this book last year and studied a bit on cranberry bogs.  I thought
they looked so beautiful and it made me want see it in person.


Israel
The Dead Sea
Sea of Galilee
Caesarea
Garden of Gethsemane
I would love to go and walk the places Jesus walked and see the places that I have read about in the bible. 


 Hawaii
Isn't this dreamy??


San Fransisco, California
I want to play frisbee with the boys on this grassy area like they did on Full House:)

Oh, yes, I will be singing "The Trolley Song" .

I also love this movie set in San Francisco...

Another place in California that I want to go is because of a Jon and Kate plus Eight episode:
Gosselins Go West.  (I no longer like this show because Kate went psycho, but it used to be great). 


Seattle

of course because of this classic movie...

...and these places also in Washington because of Samantha Heady's pictures on Facebook.
Ocean Shores, WA

I am not exactly sure where this is, but isn't it beautiful?  I want to go there:)


Grand Canyon
I am sure that I will freak out a bit if I go here worrying if the boys will slip off the edge,
but I really want to see it from really far from the edge:)

Yellowstone National Park

Park City, Utah at Christmas
I really want to go snow skiing.  I will probably break my leg though, but it will be worth it.
...and take a sleigh ride singing Lucas' favorite song we sing year round..."Jingle Bells"


Washington, DC
I want to go here for Logan because he has a fascination with Abraham Lincoln.  I think this sounds like a good educational trip.  I may crash in on Regina Coonrod. 
She said we could stay with her, but I don't think she knows what she volunteered.  
One of Lucas' nicknames from Landon is "Wrecking Ball".



Things I want to do:

1.  Go on an international mission trip:

2.  Be in a musical.  It must be one of my favorites, though.  Either...
or...
I don't really want to be a lead roll because I can't dance a lick, but I can sing as an extra:)


3.  Ride in a hot air balloon.  I have always been fascinated with hot air balloons for some reason. 
I think they are so beautiful and whimsical.  I would love to go to a hot air balloon festival.

4.  Record a CD
I don't want to make this to sell, just for my family. 

5.  Complete a triathlon.

6.  Complete a half-marathon.  I really think a full marathon is unattainable for me:)


Sometimes you have to dream big:)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Terri!!! When do you want to plan our first road trip???? :) Love your dreams!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! You are making me want to go even more places than I alreay did! I can almost feel your excitement coming from this one! Great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete