6.11.2013

Myrtle Beach Trip


We took a very last minute trip to the beach last week.  We actually decided for sure on Thursday evening and I was leaving for Atlanta the next morning for a Beth Moore conference.  It was a whirlwind trying to get everything packed and ready to go.  I am so glad we decided to go though.  Last minute trips are sometimes the best.  We haven't taken a family vacation since I was pregnant with Lane so I was glad to get to go somewhere with the whole family.  Our last two family trips that we have planned haven't worked out because of a hurricane for one and a stomach virus for the other.
This was Lane's first time at the beach.
 

 
The kids had fun playing with friends.


 

Waiting for dinner.
 

Landon took the kids to search for crabs at night.

They caught one. 
This is right before Landon's phone fell in the ocean.  Luckily it still worked after it dried out.  Only the charging case messed up.
 
Trish took some family pictures of us.  Landon says this is why we go on trips...for photos.  He's a good sport about it and doesn't complain☺
He had fun cleaning off the sand after our pictures.
I love this one!
 
Our last day on the beach...
Ashlynn loves Lane.  She was so good with him.
 
I took some pictures of the Phillips family...
 
Kathy and I stayed an extra day while the guys stayed a few extra days for a golf trip.  We did a little shopping and Logan thought he was going to die when he had to go into girly stores.  When we dropped off Kathy and the girls at their house Logan said, "Mom, please don't EVER have a sister!!  That was torture!!  I hate going into stores with all that pink and purple!!!  I would rather have a monster come up and take me into a horror movie!!"  I thought it was hilarious.  I told him he may not have a sister, but one day he will have a wife and he will have to get used to it.  haha.
We took a ride on the Sky Wheel.  It appears much safer than the rickety ones at our fair.
 
We had an eventful drive home.  It is supposed to be about a nine hour drive, but it took us twelve and a half hours!!  Between bathroom breaks (that could never be at the same time), horrific traffic in Atlanta, pulling over for spankings, nightmare food and gas station experiences, I thought we were never going to make it home.  It was good company though and a great trip with wonderful memories made.

 












No comments:

Post a Comment