11.16.2016

The Big 4-0!

This day, forty years ago, was significant for me even though I had not yet made my way into the world.  November 16, 1976, in Linton, Indiana, Landon Thomas Dickerson IV was born. Somehow God would redirect his family to move several times in multiple states where they would eventually end up in Sparta, TN.  It was really providential all the way around, if only for me.  Other than Christ, Landon has been the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and today we celebrate him.

An attempt of a surprise birthday party was planned for him, although he ended up finding out.  I can't get much past him.  haha.
Suzanne made Landon's favorite candy that his Mamaw made...divinity.

Cailtin Whitaker, owner of House of Frosting, completely outdid herself on this cake.  I had no idea how she would create what I asked her to do.  Last week Landon was working on memorizing Psalm 1, "How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers.  The wicked are not so, But they are like chaff which the wind drives away.  Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.  For the Lord knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish."  

This summer I bought Landon a book that he read and loved called, "Point Man," by Steve Farrar.  He told me about how the author referred to his father as a "righteous oak" in his family.  He knew when he came downstairs in the morning he would always find his father studying and reading his Bible.  As I was listening to Landon tell this story about this man's father, I realized that Landon was exactly that in our family and what a beautiful way to describe it in relation to this Psalm.  I asked her to incorporate a tree throughout the whole cake because it encompasses every area of his life.  The cake was such a work of art, it hurt me a little to cut it.  

Happy Birthday to this amazing man!!  You love me well and you make it easy to do my part in respecting and submitting to you as my earthy leader in this marriage.  You are our righteous oak.  I am blessed beyond measure!   




























No comments:

Post a Comment