12.06.2017

Waco! 2017

I have the most amazing husband who is thoughtful, romantic, and adventurous.  I couldn't ask for anything more!  For Valentine's Day this year, he really outdid himself!  He took me on a surprise trip.  We got on a plane and I had no idea where it was landing.  We landed in Dallas, Texas but I didn't know if that was our final destination or not.  I started to get a clue when we stopped at the rental car place and my heart began to flutter at the thought of WACO!  He knows me well and he planned a little much needed getaway from life.  We had recently lost a dear friend in our church family, and the cloud of sadness was so very thick and heavy.  I still do not understand that even months later, but this getaway was perfectly timed to get away and have fun together as a couple seeing new places.  Whenever I think back to this little trip, I smile at the thought of how blessed I am to be married to this man!





























This was Joanna's first Magnolia store.  I had recently finished her book and it was so fun to see the places in person that she talked about.

This is inside Harp Co. store.  

We found a website with some recommendations of things to do and places to go in Waco from Chip and Joanna.  These were a few places they suggested and they didn't disappoint!




We had to drive and see their bed and breakfast.  It wasn't in Waco, but it was worth the drive.



We also stopped at some shops along the way that have been seen on the show.  It was fun to walk around with Landon because he knows a lot about antiques due to working in the auction business for over a decade.








We loved this store almost as much as Magnolia.  It was only a block away.

The Shotgun house was close by. 







We had a beautiful view for a morning run together.  Very seldom do I enjoy running in the moment.  I love it when it's over, but this day was different.  Getting to experience some warmer weather and a beautiful new scenery with a path along the river was invigorating and refreshing.






I love this man more than he will ever know!

No comments:

Post a Comment