3.15.2011

Loving the Yard

One of my favorite things about our new house is the yard.  Mrs. Nixon, the former owner, loved to work in the yard, and I look forward to seeing her flowers throughout the coming seasons.  We saw our neighbor in a restaurant the the other day and he said the only thing he ever saw of Mrs. Nixon was her rear end.  haha.  I do not have a green thumb, so I sincerely hope that I don't ruin all of her beautiful work.   Last month, Landon said there were some flowers that were coming up and I thought they were onions.  I was wrong:) 
This is what turned up.

I love forsythia and I told Landon that I wanted to plant some when we first moved in.  As it turns out, we have it al over our yard.  I LOVE IT!

One of my pet peeves is when people cut forsythia bushes really short.   I think they should be wild and carefree and look really stupid when it is trimmed short.  Sorry if you cut yours back like this and you find this offensive...to each his own.  For example...

Here is one of the prettiest forsythia bushes I have seen.  It is in HL and Norma Kirby's yard...
This is the way it should be:)

Anyway, back to our yard.  Here are a some flowers that are blooming.

Birds like the yard too.  I'm talking LOTS of birds.  They are here everyday.  I wonder if it is the same ones or an entirely different flock.  I have enjoyed watching how they gracefully move all together.  Landon wants to set off firecrackers to get rid of them.  (Steel Magnolias flashback).  I think they are eating all of the overseed that he and Logan put all over the yard Saturday.
I tried to sneak outside to snap a picture but they flew away.

Bringing the outdoors in...


No comments:

Post a Comment