3.26.2011

Geocaching

Today was our first experience geocaching.  If you didn't read my What's In a Name blog, I mentioned that a friend just told me about this.  I have never heard of it until last week, so I decided to check it out.  It is a scavenger hunt where you use your GPS system to find the location.  The coordinates get you close to the exact spot, but you have to go and find it from there.  I wrote down six for us to try to find today, and there were two that we couldn't find.  It is definitely something we will do again but hopefully on a better day.  It was rainy and cold today, but we still had fun.  We also were glad to have Tatum Mackie spend the day with us.  Logan was very sad when he moved to Indiana, so he always looks forward to visits with him. 

I was surprised at how many there were just in Sparta.  Check out the website to go for yourself...http://www.geocaching.com/about/default.aspx

Webcam
We found a groundhog...the boys chased it.
False alarm!  Tatum thought he found one, but it was just trash:)
We picked up my mom along the way:)
I found one!!!!
I found this one too...oh yeah!!  It was a little soggy.
This is fun for both the kids and adults.  We look forward to finding more.

No comments:

Post a Comment