Sometimes a project just doesn't turn out like you planned on but I thought ours turned out really well.
Here's what you need:
1. Cupcakes (I used a confetti cake mix)
2. Icing (I used a generic brand of cream cheese icing)
3. Food coloring. I got this at Hobby Lobby. Regular food coloring won't work because you won't
be able to get a bold enough color.
4. Colored sugar, also from Hobby Lobby. I didn't use near as much as I thougth I would. I didn't
even use a fourth of this bottle. I recommend getting a smaller bottle of this.
5. Large and small marshmallows
6. Orange slices
7. Mini chocolate chips
8. Black licorice. The example we looked at used string licorice, but I couldn't find any. I used black
Twizzlers, but they were hard to cut up. If I were to make them again, I would try to find it like
How to steps:
1. Make your cupcakes and let cool completely.
2. Pour icing into separate bowls.
3. Add food coloring to icing and stir. Add more if you want a darker color or icing if you need it
4. Frost cupcakes.
5. Pour sugar into bowls and put cupcake upside down to coat a layer of sugar on top.
6. Cut marshmallows. The large ones need to me really flat. I cut one into four slices. The small
ones were just cut into two pieces.
7. Cut orange slices into thirds. Also, we thought they were too tall and ended up cutting them into
8. Place large marshmallow on the red and blue cupcakes.
9. Place beaks on cupcakes.
10. Place mini chocolate chips into the small marshmallows.
11. Jamie put some icing to hold the eyes on better.
12. Place eyebrows and you're finished!