12.28.2011

Logan's Birthday

For the last year Logan has said he wanted a skating party for his birthday. It was really difficult to schedule his party this year around his actual birthday so we ended up having it after Christmas instead. 

I still like to do themed birthday parties for them to make it special for what they are interested in at the time.  This year, the theme was Angry Birds.  Both boys love the game and play it often on Landon's Ipad and my phone.  I found some great ideas from pinterest, including the birthday invitation.  Seriously, this is my favorite invitation EVER.  I am not a professional, so you can tell it was photo shopped, but I still love it!
Amber Weatherly made the awesome hats!!  It makes me want to learn to crochet, but I don't have time for another hobby. 

I always pay someone to make my birthday cakes but since it was so close to Christmas I had trouble getting someone to make it.  I had to make it myself. 

I was impressed with how the cupcakes turned out.  Jamie Sullivan and I made these.  Click here to see how to make these.
Vicky Brady made the cookies.  They were so cute!


Party Favors:
I am no artist, but these weren't hard to make.  Click here to see how to make them yourself.

Lucas decided it was easier to skate with his hands instead of his feet.
This was so fun to watch all the kids skate, but even more fun to watch all the falling.  I can't help it, but when people fall in my presence I laugh.  So this party was really entertaining.  Michael posted a funny post on facebook last night, "Just discovered why parents like to have skating parties for their kids. So adults can stand on the side with a sinister smile while they watch their kids fall all over themselves like idiots...AND THE KIDS ENJOY IT."


Logan got a magic set from Santa.  He has been working on some tricks and wanted to do a show for everyone at his party.  He has a little work to do to get them down, but he has had fun learning them. 
I should have done this picture earlier before other moms left.
I can't believe he is 8!!!




1 comment: