3.27.2012

Step Into the Water

This last Sunday, we were able to witness one of the most rewarding things for a parent.  Our oldest son, Logan, was baptized. 

This has been a process in the works for at least two years now.  We have talked with our pastor on more than one occasion about it.  I decided that I wasn't going to bring it up anymore with him and just pray for him instead.  I wanted to wait on him to bring it up rather than me initiating it or him feeling any pressure from me. 

The week before Lane was born, he brought it up and told me he wanted to be baptized.  Of course I was thrilled but it was a busy time.  We had several discussions and a few meetings with Bro. Jerry in the weeks to come.  I have no doubts that Logan's decision is real, but only God knows the heart fully.  Even as a small child, Logan has had a tender heart for God.  I can't wait to see how God is going to grow him and use him.  I pray that Logan will be fully obedient to His will and follow Him always.

Bailey Kelsey was also baptized on the same day.  I just love her!  She is a precious little girl. 
One proud mom!
Bailey with her grandmother, Ruthie.
Prayer with the baptismal committee.

This picture is precious to me.  It reminds me of the song we used to sing in choir often..."Step into the Water."




We are all so proud of Logan!  Now we are praying for the other two.


2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!! I've got goosebumps reading this. So sad that we missed it though :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful time for you and Logan!! Tell him we are proud of him!!

    ReplyDelete