9.07.2011

Labor Day Weekend

This weekend, we had a family reunion in Indiana at Shakamak State Park.   We have been looking forward to going for months to spend time with the family and enjoy all of the things in the park.  I have never been camping (I am not particularly outdoorsy) so I thought it would be a good experience for the boys.  We had several cabins rented for the large Moore clan.  We found out the week before that the cabins had no air conditioning.  I admit...I am spoiled.  I can be the first to say that.  Also, there were record high temperatures for that weekend, reaching 100 degrees on some days.  It is difficult to sleep when you are laying there in pools of sweat. 

Logan and I just finished reading the first book in the Little House on the Prairie series.  After reading that book, I became extremely thankful for the generation that I was born into.  I really don't think I would have ever survived living in another time.  To read about what all had to be done just simply for survival was really eye opening.  How fortunate are we to have modern conveniences and yet I still can complain???  I am not comparing this weekend to any type of life they had to endure, but I was reminded of what all I can take for granted so easily.

The boys had a great time playing with their cousins.  I thought were were going to have a major meltdown with both boys when we said we were leaving to go back home.  Lucas said he wanted to move to Indiana. 

I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures this weekend.  I usually take many more, but I didn't this time.  Here are the few I took...

Poor Logan...he had an allergic reaction and his eyes were almost swollen shut.  I forgot their allergy medicine and this is what happened.  I felt horrible. 

Uncle Bruce helping Logan fish. 
Lucas lost interest quickly.  He would rather throw rocks in the water and play with the artificial bait.
Logan is much calmer and patient while fishing☺

Starting to get a baby bump.

Lucas in heaven...throwing rocks in the water.  When he was little and he would see a gravel parking lot, he would get so excited and yell, "I LUB ROCKS!!!"  When we got home, his pockets were crammed full of rocks.  I am sure that was uncomfortable on the way home, but he had his precious treasure nearby.  It's a wonder I didn't have a dryer full of rocks. 

One thing in particular the boys were excited to do was go horseback riding.  They didn't get to because they weren't old enough, but we got there in time to see some of our family off on their trail.
William said he almost got thrown off his horse. 

It was a fun weekend in spite of the heat.  I appreciate Bruce and Debbie Moore for organizing everything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment