3.09.2014

Valentine's Party

Over Christmas break, Julie had an idea for a Valentine's party similar to our Christmas party.  She volunteered to host and we all pitched in for the food and crafts.  She did such a great job decorating and making her home festive for the holiday!  It was a sweet party and many wonderful memories were made.  
What would we do without Pinterest?!?  That's where all the ideas for the food came from.


I felt really bad because I couldn't help with this project that I dropped on Julie.  I have always loved these envelopes from Pottery Barn, but I thought they looked simple to make.  However, I was in Disney World the whole week before the party and couldn't help make them.  I ordered mine to make three less for her to make, but she and her mom did an amazing job!!
Little friends love their pacis!
The kids exchanged Valentine's to each other.
Going through their loot.
My kids were impressed with Aiden's candy robot!

Let's eat!
Little Oreo thief.


Photo Booth:

Valentine Craft:
The kids made Valentine's for the widows in our church and Julie's church.  Ness Cunningham came to our party and she read James 1:27, "Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world."  We explained that Valentine's Day can be sad for those who have lost their loved ones.  We have sixteen widows in our church and nine in our church that we sent a Valentine to.  You just never know what seemingly small act of kindness can make such an impact on someone else. These were very much appreciated.  

I asked Ness to come and teach a lesson to the kids about God's love.  She did such a WONDERFUL job!  I just love her♥♥♥♥

Cookie Decorating:

Fingerprint Craft:
Love these sweet friends:)





























No comments:

Post a Comment