1.09.2012

Showered With Blessings

At Logan's birthday party, my friends got together and planned a baby shower for me.  It was originally scheduled for the last Saturday of the month, but they decided to move it up when I was in the hospital.  So everything was done in a week. 

It was really funny because when they were discussing details, they asked about the invitations and Julie said, "Well, Terri always makes the invitations." So I made my own. haha. I didn't mind☺ I was just told to include the picture with the verse on my belly.

It was a really pretty shower and I was so thankful to have such wonderful friends and family to be so giving to welcome our little bundle of joy.  I didn't really expect a baby shower for the third child so I was humbled and appreciative.
The napkins Jamie made were too pretty to use...


There was some yummy food!
Laura Pullum made the cake.  How cute!

Trish made me cry with her prayer.  It was so beautiful!!

My mom, granny, and great-aunt Gylene.

It was great to catch up with friends.

Saying thank you to everyone made me emotional too.  I didn't plan on being a big cry baby at the shower but I was just so thankful and overwhelmed that I couldn't contain it. 

See that big stack of burp cloths??  Oh yeah, they are all personalized.  I'm in love and I didn't have to make them.  Thanks Jules!  Another AWESOME gift that isn't on the gift table was from Ashley Brandes.  She made me five homemade dinners to freeze and use whenever I need.  What a great gift is that???

My lovely hostesses.  Thank you all for making it a beautiful shower!!  They all got me a stroller
and a car seat. 

Suzanne made my favorite punch for the shower.  She gave me the recipe so I could share because several at the shower asked for it.  It is SOOOOOOOOO good!! 

Banana Punch Recipe


Take 8 ripe (not green) bananas and use a fork or potato masher to mash until not lumpy.  Once all mashed up, add half cup lemon or lime juice (so they won't turn brown).

On stove, combine 4 cups of sugar and 2 cups of water.  Stir until sugar is melted and let cool.

Once it is cooled, add sugar water to banana mixture.  Also add large can of sweetened pineapple juice and one large can of frozen lemonade.  Mix.

Put into quart size containers and freeze.  This will make around three quarts.

When ready to serve, let it thaw or microwave for about 30 seconds.  Cut up with a knife to break up.  Add 3/4 two liter bottle of ginger ale or sprite and crushed ice to serve.  (She got a bag from Sonic).

A one quart container will make enough for one gallon of punch. 


3 comments:

  1. I feel like a total crap of a family member for no being there! But I realized I forgot the carseat base this morning, but now I don't feel bad because you have one!! You can still use it though if you want for an extra. It's always nice to not have to switch out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Michaela! Don't feel bad. You got the invitation late. No worries. It was planned at the last minute because they were afraid I would have the baby early. Yes, it is nice to have two. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked at your visitors and saw Murfreesboro, TN and it took about 10 seconds to register that person was me! ha Can't wait to see baby Lane!

    ReplyDelete