1.27.2012

Mobile Tutorial

I saw this idea on pinterest and loved it!  Once again, I couldn't find anything that would match so I had to come up with my own. 

What you need:
-embroidery hoop (you only need the middle part).  You can get a wooden one and paint it to match exactly.  I found this plastic one that matched.
-patterened paper...I scanned my fabric to match with all of the bedding and I also shrunk the size
 down so when I punched out a small circle you would see more of the pattern.
-ribbon...I picked this ribbon out at but it didn't end up matching as well as I thought it would.  Also, I
  recommend getting ribbon that is finished on both sides.  I didn't think about that when I purchased
  this ribbon.  I ended up just using some ribbon that I had instead of this. 

-circle punch

-glue sticks

Step 1:
Use your punch to cut out lots of circles.  You will need a front and back for each one. 

Step 2:
Tie ribbon onto your embroidery hoop.  I used the glue gun to keep these in place.  I used six strands but you could do more or less.

Step 3:
Attatch circles onto the ribbon.  Use your glue stick and glue liberally on both sides.  Make sure your patterns are lined up.

Step 4:
Tie ribbon on the top of hoop to hang to the ceiling.  I used push pins to attatch to the ceiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment