12.07.2010

Julie and Julia Inspiration

This is my first post and I couldn't think of a better thing to talk about than one of the things I am most passionate...bible study:)

In February of this year, a friend suggested that I try Kay Arthur's Inductive Studies for an individual study.  My brother-in-law also suggested a few years ago to try Kay Arthur studies.  I started with Philippians/Colossians.  I was enthralled.  Although I LOVE Beth Moore and all she has done for me in my personal walk with the Lord, I have grown more since February than my whole lifetime of studying the bible.  She has a much different method of bible study where you mark key words in your bible with color pencils and study one book at a time. 



My yellow color pencil is getting to be a nub (it is the color used for all references to God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit). 

My original purpose for starting this blog was inspired by Julie and Julia where she had a goal and blogged  about it as a way of accountablilty.  My goal is to study the whole bible inductively.  I am on my way but I have a bit to go.  By the end of 2011, I want to have the entire bible completed inductively. 

Here is what I have completed:
*Psalms
*Proverbs
*Haggai/Zechariah/Malachi
*Acts
*Philippians/Colossians
*1 and 2 Thessalonians
*1 and 2 Peter/Jude
*1, 2, 3 John/Jude
*Revelation

I thought if I made my goal public in this way, I would be more committed in completing the goal.  Also, I want to inspire others to do the same.  Studying the Word for yourself is transforming and will bless you in so many ways. 

May you have this same attitude toward His Word as David did in Psalms 119:103, "How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!"



5 comments:

  1. Well, you already have me interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Your blog looks great!
    I love Kay Arthur myself. It has been awhile since I used one of her studies....maybe this is a motivator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! I'll be a follower I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Terri, this is Jeanie White at GSBC AKA Church Lady. I have added you to my favorites. I am excited to see how things go. I am a blog junkie.

    ReplyDelete